The next VVPA meeting will be held Tuesday, October 15 at 7:00 pm at The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, VVPA meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance!
Monthly Meeting Agenda
7:00 pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:10–7:20 pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- VVPA board recommendation on Municipal Question #1 and VVPA membership vote (more information below)
7:30–8:30pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- Candidates for Jersey City Board of Education will introduce themselves and take questions.
- David Czehut and Asheenia Johnson (Change for Children)
- Gerald Lyons, Darwin Ona, Lakendrick Shaw, Sudhan Thomas, Gina Verdibello (Educaton Matters)
- Neisha Louchar
- Tara Stafford
- Developer Presentation: 201 Newark Avenue (Jersey and Newark Avenues)
Community networking to follow.
Interested in joining the VVPA board? Email email@example.com.
VVPA Board Recommendation: Municipal Question #1
The Board of Directors of the Van Vorst Park Association recommends a YES vote on Municipal Question #1.
A YES vote will:
- Protect neighborhoods
- Prevent illegal “hotels” in our communities
- Help mitigate housing shortages
- Continue to provide opportunity for homeowners to rent space in their homes
The VVPA board will present this recommendation at our October meeting. VVPA general membership will then vote to finalize the recommendation.
Upcoming Community Events
- Van Vorst Park Farmers Market, Saturdays 10am-2pm
- Van Vorst Park Area 2019 Stoop Sale — Sat. Oct 12, 10am-3pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for map and more information.
- Grand Street Redesign Public Meeting — Weds. Oct 16, 7pm, MS 4 Cafeteria (111 Bright St)
- Short-Term Rental Ordinance Info Session — Weds. Oct 16, 7pm, Zeppelin Hall
- Jersey City Parking Plan Community Meeting — Thurs. Oct. 17, 7pm, Grace Van Vorst Church
- Embankment Preservation Coalition Annual Meeting — Mon. Oct 21, 7-9, Grace Van Vorst Church
- Halloween in Van Vorst Park — Thurs. Oct. 31, 4-8pm.
Support the VVPA
The VVPA is looking for volunteers to help with events and more. Email email@example.com to get involved!
The VVPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group. In addition to making a contribution via PayPal, we are registered as a non-profit at Amazon Smile. So every time you shop through Amazon Smile, select the VVPA as your charitable organization of choice, and Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the VVPA.
Thanks to our generous sponsors
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.